custom greeting cards
custom ncr books
custom vinyl stickers
custom car magnets
custom promotional items
custom water bottles
pens with logos
point of sale printing
printed mouse pads
printed promotional products
printed tote bags
printed water bottles
Mailers are a crucial type of packaging widely used in Australia for shipping or mailing various items. Designed to protect their contents during transit and convey a professional appearance, mailers are tailored to suit different shipping and mailing needs. Here’s a closer look at their types, materials, and uses:
1. Types and Materials:
- Padded Mailers: Envelopes with built-in padding, usually made from bubble wrap or foam. Ideal for shipping small, fragile items like jewellery or electronics.
- Poly Mailers: Constructed from durable, lightweight plastic. These water-resistant and tear-resistant mailers are great for clothing, textiles, and other non-fragile items.
- Cardboard Mailers: Rigid and offer excellent protection for flat items such as books, documents, or framed pictures. Often corrugated for extra strength.
- Kraft Mailers: Made from heavy-duty kraft paper, they provide a balance of protection and flexibility, suitable for small parts or samples.
2. Sizes and Customisation:
- Mailers come in various sizes to accommodate different items, from small envelopes to larger bags and boxes.
- Customisation options are popular, with businesses adding logos, brand colours, and marketing messages for brand visibility.
3. Closure Mechanisms:
- Secure closure methods like self-sealing adhesive strips, tamper-evident seals, or clasps ensure contents remain safe and secure during transit.
4. Eco-Friendly Options:
- Reflecting environmental concerns, many mailers are now made with recyclable or biodegradable materials.
- Compostable mailers are increasingly popular, catering to sustainability-focused businesses and consumers.
- E-commerce Shipping: Extensively used by online retailers to ship goods to customers, helping reduce shipping costs due to their lightweight nature.
- Direct Mail Marketing: Employed for sending promotional materials, catalogues, or samples directly to customers’ homes.
- Document Shipping: Rigid or padded mailers are used for mailing important documents, preventing bending or damage.
- Subscription Boxes: Customised mailers are a staple in subscription services, regularly delivering products to subscribers.
- Gift Packaging: Used for sending gifts, especially during festive seasons, often featuring festive designs and additional padding for extra protection.
- Sample Distribution: Companies distribute product samples like cosmetics, food, or small gadgets in mailers.
Mailers play an essential role in modern commerce and communication in Australia, offering a practical, versatile, and often customisable solution for securely and cost-effectively sending items via mail or shipping services. Their variety caters to almost any mailing need, from the most delicate to the more robust items.